Sunday, March 8, 2009

Tolerance Pale Ale: March 8, 2009

Alright I finally got out and brewed again. It was a decent session all-in-all. It'd been a while so I made a couple of rookie mistakes that I kicked myself for afterwards, but ob la di, it'll still be beer.

It was the first time that I used the new brew shed and I must say it's pretty awesome. Having the water everywhere you need it without having to move the hose is amazing. The only down side is the water is all VERY cold and I lost feeling in my fingers for a good while after cleanup. However there is a plan to fix that that has me kind of excited.



I made the Tolerance Pale Ale recipe again. It's a solid pale ale. Here's the stats:

10 Gal Batch

18# 2-row
2# Cara-Pils
1# Crys 40L
1# Flaked Oats

60 minute mash @152F

60 minute boil
1oz Super Alpha 60
1oz Riwaka 45
1oz Riwaka 5

S-05 American Ale Yeast

Finally, I've got to know, what does everyone think of the brewin' overalls? Pretty bad ass yeah?

4 comments:

Nathan said...

I would like to vote on the overalls...LOVE THEM!

Unknown said...

Hey, I live in Hillman City as well and I just found this blog through the Columbia City Wikli page. Are you planning on distributing your beer? If so, where?

Desomniac said...

Right now we're a little ways away from distribution. Hopefully we will be getting to that point in the future. If you're interested in sampling though you can send an email to lucilestreetbrew@gmail.com and we could probably set something up for you.

The Streets of Brasil said...

I wanna sample! How about a tasting? And as for the overalls, they should be required brewing gear from now on!